On Wednesday morning, April 5th, we are offering attendees of the 2017 Society For Biomaterials Annual Meeting and Exposition an opportunity to visit local companies that are leaders in the field of Biotechnologies. There is a nominal fee of $10 to secure your spot. The tours will begin around 8:30 AM and end around 1:00 PM. Transportation will be provided to and from the tour. Pick up and drop off will take place outside the main entrance of the Minneapolis Convetion Center. Register today http://2017.biomaterials.org/registration for the 2017 Annual Meeting, and select the company you wish to visit to assure yourself one of the limited opportunities to visit one of the following companies:
The site-visit is a valuable opportunity to get a sneak peek inside companies generally closed to the public. On-site, you will learn about the company through presentations, discussions and a tour of the facility.
- Explore careers in biotech and pharmaceutical industries
- Observe company cultures and network with industry professionals
- Learn about the transition from academia to industry
- Learn about the difference between research in academia and research in industry
- Learn about alternative (non-bench) science careers in industry
- See a company’s research and manufacturing facilities
- Network with individuals currently working in industry in the Minnesota area
Space is limited and will be filled first come, first served.